Game Developer - Level Designer - Environment Artist - Author - Tutor - 18 Years of experience with Unreal Engine 1, 2, 3, 4
Log In | Cart        

Following up on my post of yesterday, and since “if it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing”, here is part 2.

I went through all the levels I have ever done in the Unreal Engine, and I added up all the actor/mesh/brush/light counts. I still have about 75% of all levels I ever made, and of the remaining 25% I still have a good idea of how complex they were. So I took the accurate numbers of 75% of my levels, and then extrapolated from those to get the estimated numbers for the remaining 25% based. I then added up 30% to the total to take into account all test levels, levels that were never released, done with others, and all work involved tweaking/polishing/redoing parts of levels.

The result is this – This is what 15 years of continuously using Unreal leads to.

Comments are closed.

Copyright 2006-2017 - UDK, Unreal, Unreal Engine are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners

Website Design by
Powered by Wordpress