I assist client's with the production of their games by creating, designing, optimizing, and polishing content. In particular for the Unreal Engine (any version/platform).
- Level Design.
- Environment Art and Asset Creation.
- Advanced Materials.
- Kismet Gameplay Scripting.
- Particles and Special FX.
- Production Streamlining. I offer advice and assistance in starting up the production of your game in the Unreal Engine and getting it up to speed as fast possible, as efficient as possible.
- Polish and optimization work. I can look over the produced content and bump up its quality and perfomance, as well as guide your team in the technically correct use of the Unreal Engine.
- I work incredibly fast. I know exactly how to get that what you are after out of the Unreal Engine, in as little time as possible.
- Training. I do Unreal Engine training and workshops for educations, companies, and occasionally individuals.
(Displayed logos and names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.)
BIO AND INTRODUCTION
I am a 29 year old game developer. I originally started out as a level designer but over the years I have expanded into many more areas: environment art, tutoring, game design, creative direction, and so on.
I am highly specialized in the Unreal Engine. I have been working with the Unreal Engine since 1999 and I have vast knowledge of it. I have worked extensively with all three generations and I have worked on seven released Unreal Engine titles.
I have a decade of professional experience and 14 years if you count the time I spent in the mod communities. I have worked for over half a dozen game studios, both on-site and off-site positions, and in several different countries. In total, I have worked on ten games (The Ball, Unreal Tournament 2004, Killzone, Shellshock nam 67, The Chronicles of Spellborn, Huxley, WarPath, Rekoil, Unmechanical, and Syndicate), and over the years I have built over 90 levels for all the games I have worked on.
In addition, I am also the author of the books "The Hows and Whys of Level Design" and "The Hows and Whys of the Games Industry", I run one of the most popular Unreal Engine 3 tutorial websites (250.000 visitors a year), I created several high end Unreal Engine training videos, and I give lectures and workshops to schools and companies. The past few years I have given Unreal Engine training to the development studios VStep, Playlogic, and Starbreeze, lectured at the University of Stockholm, University of Gotland, The Garden, and Playground Squad, and I currently hold the position of Head Teacher Game Design and Internship Coordinator the education FutureGames in central Stockholm.
I started my own game development studio in 2009, secured funding, and as the lead developer brought our ambitious game The Ball to completion with just a handful of people. I set up publishing and distribution contracts, and secured world-wide retail distribution and publishing deals. After release we set up a large Portal DLC together with Valve (Potato Sack), and we moved on to our second game Unmechanical (in cooperation with Talawa Games).